The 2024 Global Korea Scholarship is currently accepting applications for undergraduate degree programs. This scholarship, known as the GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024, is fully funded by the Korean Government and does not require IELTS. It offers opportunities for approximately 262 scholars.
Pakistani students who have just graduated their A levels or Intermediate studies have the golden opportunity to study abroad and learn all about the Korean culture. The scholarships are currently open to undergraduate and associate degree students, Masters and PhD scholarship programs will begin in 2024.
The scholarship program comprises two tracks:
- Embassy Track
- University Track
Applicants have the option to apply for both scholarships as per the criteria they meet. Under the embassy track, applicants should submit their applications through the Korean Embassy of their home country. Conversely, the university track allows applicants to apply directly to designated universities in Korea. The embassy track reserves 86 scholarship slots, while the university track has 176 slots, resulting in a total of 262 scholarships available.
Duration of Program
- Associate Degree:1 year of the Korean language program, 2-3 years of the degree program
- Undergraduate Degree:1 year of the Korean language program, 4-6 years of the degree program
GKS Korean Government Scholarship Benefits
The GKS is a fully funded scholarship program by the Korean government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Korea which makes it the largest-ever scholarship program by the government.
The Scholarship Covers the following:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Full tuition fees
- Settlement Allowance
- Monthly Allowance
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee
- Degree Program Tuition Fee
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Allowance
- Degree Completion Grants
- Korean Proficiency Grants
- Exploration of Korean culture
- Deepen Korean education
- Professional and personal development of individuals.
- Recognition around the globe
Eligibility Criteria for the GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2024
- Citizens of all countries can apply except Korean citizens.
- Applicants who have a bachelor’s degree cannot apply.
- Applicants who have associate degrees can only apply to a bachelor’s program.
- CGPA should be above 2.64 out of 4, 2.80 out of 4.3, 2.91 out of 4.5, or 3.23 out of 5.0
- The score percentile must be 80 percent or above.
- Should be under the age of 25 years.
- Must be in good health
- No criminal record.
- Application form.
- Personal statement.
- Study plan.
- Letter of recommendation.
- GKS applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- Graduation certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Proof of the citizenship of parents.
- Overseas Korean Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean Citizenship Renunciation Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean War Veteran’s Descendant proof, if any.
- Valid TOPIK or an English proficiency certificate or English Language Proficiency from a previous institute.
- Awards and other certificates.
- Passport copy.
Click here to apply for the GKS Scholarships 2024.