You may have seen videos on different platforms in which women have called out harassers. Be it broad daylight, in the evening or at night, women are harassed in the open without any shame.
They are groped, cat-called, taunted, given flying kisses, and shown inappropriate (sexual) actions among a number of things. Some of them face this issue while driving, and may while walking.
Another recent clip has gone viral showing a number of young bikers harassing a woman who started to record them to shame them.
These incidents have openly increased near Seaview and Do Darya in recent times, where families usually go to spend quality time with families.
However, with an increase in indecency acts against women, if families can’t come to the beach or go to the restaurants in those localities, they won’t have any family activities to do.
Watch the Video of Harassment Against Women Below:
The incident took place on March 19 (Sunday) at Do Darya in Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Phase-VIII. According to the victim, there were at least 15 boys on the motorbikes who were repeatedly hitting her car and making gestures.
When they saw her making a video, they started threatening them with dire consequences. The faces of the young boys can be clearly seen in the video.
We hope the police use the video to find and identify these men and give them proper punishment and teach a lesson to prevent these incidents from happening to them in the near future.
How Can Women Protect Themselves?
There are some techniques women can implement to protect themselves in public places. These include:
- Carry a safety kit (i.e pepper spray)
- Carry a bag – since your backside is mostly invisible, its always a good idea to hang a bag that will protect your body
- When in public, try to position yourself in a manner where your back is facing a wall or where there are fewer people around
- Keep your hands in cross position when using public commute or in rushed areas where there are many individuals nearby
- Be camera ready, don’t be shy is capturing the culprits on video and then filing a complaint against them
Have any other tactics? Share them with us in the comments below
Stay tuned to WOW360.