The remarks made by celebrity couple Justin and Hailey Bieber about fasting have come under fire from social media users. In an online interview, the couple was seen joking about how IT “deprives your body of nourishment”.
During the interview, Justin Bieber expressed that he needed to give the concept of fasting some serious thought since he had never considered it before.
Justin also shared his belief that the body requires nutrition to think clearly. Meanwhile, Hailey confessed that she had never understood the reasoning behind not eating.
Hailey said that she believed in turning off electronic devices like TV and phones but fasting from food never made sense to her.
The couple’s comments were criticised by netizens, who called them out for their insensitivity towards a religious practice that is important to many people worldwide.
Actress Qudsia Ali Opens Up About The Problems She Has Faced in the Industry
Netizens React to Justin, Haily Bieber’s Remarks
While some netizens have called out the couple for hurting their sentiments as fasting is a big part of Ramadan, others have clarified that the remarks the couple shared were for fasting in general and not specifically towards the month of Ramadan.
Bollywood famed mother-to-be Gauhar Khan called out the couple on Instagram sharing their remarks how how ‘dumb’ they are.
@Justinbieber and his bully wife/nepobaby made fun of people observing Ramadan? B**** stay in your lane!!! https://t.co/luoiQZ9XmO
— Mad Bee (@Madina_TJ) April 2, 2023
Justin Bieber and Hailey makin fun of fasting in Ramadan . Off food doesn't make sense to them ?
Sebelum bercakap tu go get educated lah. No wonder they're attitude and brain are same. Lol . Beauty but beast . No wonder they got so many haters.
— i tweet what I want (@hatzha95) April 1, 2023
Fans believe otherwise:
Nothing to do with Ramadan omfg
— Dina💜FACE OUT NOW (@DinasArmyGhost) April 1, 2023
Tbh. She didn’t mention ramadan either. She was talking about fasting in general and for them to know the science behind it. I’m a belieber too but I’m not going to hate on a woman for the title the media used
— Chhavi (@CeeJ796) April 1, 2023
Justin Bieber and Hailey Bieber never talked about Ramadan. They talked with their pastor about christian fasting during Easter. Since you publicly lied, you should publicly apologize
— JB (@jb_biebstin) April 1, 2023
While this has turned into an internet debate, here are some important facts you need to know about fasting
Benefits of Fasting
Fasting has been practised for centuries and is known to have several health benefits. It involves abstaining from food or drink for a certain period, and it can be done for religious, spiritual, or health reasons. Here are some of the benefits of it, supported by scientific evidence:
- Weight loss: Fasting can be an effective way to lose weight. When you fast, your body switches from burning glucose to burning fat for energy. This can lead to significant weight loss, especially if you fast for an extended period. A study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics found that alternate-day fasting led to significant weight loss in overweight adults.
- Improved blood sugar control: Fasting can improve blood sugar control and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. When you fast, your body’s insulin sensitivity improves, which means your body is better able to regulate blood sugar levels. A study published in the Journal of Endocrinology found that intermittent fasting improved insulin sensitivity in rats.
- Reduced inflammation: Chronic inflammation is a risk factor for many diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. It has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body. A study published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry found that intermittent fasting reduced inflammation markers in rats.
- Improved brain function: Fasting has been shown to improve brain function and protect against neurodegenerative diseases. When you fast, your brain produces more of a protein called brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which helps to promote the growth of new brain cells. A study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease found that fasting improved cognitive function in mice.
- Increased longevity: Fasting has been linked to increased longevity and a reduced risk of age-related diseases. A study published in the Journal of Cell Metabolism found that it increased lifespan in mice.
What are your thoughts on their comments? Share them with us in the comments below.
Stay tuned to WOW360.