Pakistani Actors & Showbiz
The showbiz industry is filled with numerous talented Pakistani actors who have captured the hearts of millions of people with their exceptional acting skills. However, not everyone is meant to stay in the limelight forever.
Over the years, we have seen many Pakistani actors bid adieu to the entertainment industry, either to pursue other passions or for personal reasons.
5 Pakistani Actors Who Quit Showbiz for Religion
But there are some actors who decided to leave showbiz and embrace Islam. Here are five Pakistani actors who left the showbiz industry for Islam.
1. Shazia Khushk
Shazia Khushk is known for her beautiful voice, the entertainer left the showbiz industry to follow the Islamic route due to personal reasons in 2019. Khushk is known to entertain the crowd with high energy levels and her folk music. She announced her decision to leave showbiz to spend the rest of her life in the service of Islam and is one of the Pakistani actors who said she was serious about her decision.
“I’m grateful to my fans for loving my songs and hope that they will strongly support me in my new move. I really took my time to think about what I wanted to do at this stage in my life, I’m certain that I won’t want to join this field again,” she told BOL.
2. Rabi Pirzada
In 2019, Rabi Prizada also bid farewell to the Pakistani entertainment industry. Unfortunately, Prizada is amongst the Pakistani actors and stars whose private images were leaked online. During the controversy, she announced she will step away from the spotlight.
The singer wrote to Twitter, “I, Rabi Pirzada, have decided to distance myself from the showbiz industry.” She further wrote, “May Allah forgive my sins and soften others’ hearts towards me.” The singer also confirmed the decision to quit the showbiz industry.
میں رابی پیرذادہ شوبز سے کنارہ کشی اختیار کرتی ہوں ۔ اللہ تعالیٰ میرے گناہوں کو معاف کرے۔ اور میرے حق میں لوگوں کا دل نرم کرے۔
وَتُعِزُ مَن تَشَاء وَتُذِلُ مَن تَشَاء#SaveaSoul
— Rabi Pirzada (@Rabipirzada) November 4, 2019
3. Anum Fayyaz
Another one of the well-known Pakistani actors, Anum Fayyaz called it quits with showbiz. She added that she is cutting her ties with the industry for the sake of Islam and wrote an Instagram post for her fans telling them about her decision.
4. Noor Bukhari
Bukhari left hundreds of fans in dismay when she announced the news of leaving the industry. She was an actor and TV host that was loved by many. Interestingly, the announcement came a few weeks after Noor’s divorce from singer Wali Hamid Ali Khan, her fourth husband.
“I was going through a time which was laced with emotional trauma and other hardships that I don’t want to think about,” the actor told The Express Tribune. “I think I am lucky to be on this path. I truly believe that you don’t choose to be close to Allah but that He chooses you. I am grateful I was chosen.”
Noor also reminisced about her Lollywood career saying, “Fame and respect can be earned in any profession and I attained that in Lollywood because of my hard work and honesty.”
5. Zarnish Khan
Zarnish Khan went to Umrah and shared a picture of her standing in front of the Holy Kaa’ba on her Instagram profile. Since then she has wiped out all the other (non-religious) content. She didn’t formally announce her departure from the industry however, her social hiatus is an indication that the announcement is to come.
Why do Pakistani Actors Quit Showbiz for Religion?
There is no one answer to why actors may choose to quit showbiz for religion, as each individual’s reasons can be different. However, some possible reasons may include:
- Spiritual Awakening: Sometimes, an actor may have a spiritual awakening or a change in their religious beliefs that leads them to re-evaluate their priorities and the role of entertainment in their life. This could result in a decision to leave the industry to pursue a more spiritual path.
- Personal Values: An actor may find that the values of their religion conflict with some of the practices or values in the entertainment industry, such as materialism, objectification of women, or substance abuse. In this case, they may decide to leave the industry to live a more authentic life aligned with their personal values.
- Burnout: The entertainment industry can be intense and demanding, with long hours and pressure to perform. An actor may experience burnout or feel disillusioned with the industry, leading them to seek a different path.
- The desire for a Different Lifestyle: Some actors may decide to leave the industry for personal reasons, such as wanting to start a family, live a quieter life, or pursue other interests.
- Call to Service: In some cases, an actor may feel called to serve their religion in a more active role, such as becoming a religious leader, missionary, or volunteer. This could require them to leave the entertainment industry to devote more time and energy to their religious pursuits.
It’s important to note that not all actors who practice religion choose to leave showbiz, and not all those who leave do so because of religion. Ultimately, it is a personal decision that varies from person to person.
What are your thoughts? Share them with us.
Stay tuned to WOW360.