- The Schengen Visa is a crucial document for Pakistani travelers wishing to explore 26 European nation
- Required documents include passport copies, photographs, civil status certificates, accommodation proof, flight itineraries, travel insurance, visa fee receipts, cover letters, and, if applicable, past Schengen visas.
- Additional requirements for Pakistani tourists encompass a 6-month bank statement, an affidavit of financial support, a detailed travel itinerary, and hotel reservations or an invitation letter from a Schengen resident, ensuring a comprehensive application process.
Unlocking the captivating beauty, history, and cultures of the Schengen countries is a dream for many travellers from Pakistan. From the enchanting streets of Paris to the historic landmarks of Rome, the Schengen region is full of many wonders of the world. However, embarking on this European adventure requires one essential document: the Schengen Visa.
Let’s take a look at the detailed process of how Pakistanis can apply for the visa, opening the door to 26 European nations and their multiple experiences.
What is a Schengen Visa?
A Schengen Visa is a type of visa that allows travellers to enter, stay, and move within the Schengen Area, which comprises 26 European countries. This visa allows visitors to enter these countries without the need for multiple visas or passport checks at each border. This includes popular European destinations such as France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and more.
The Schengen Visa may be issued for tourism, business, family visits, or other legitimate reasons, and is granted for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period.
Documents Needed for Pakistanis to Apply for Schengen Visa
- Application form – Fill the application form found on the website
- Original Pakistani Passport (original plus a copy) – The passport must have a three month validity period from the date you plan on leaving the Schengen area. You must provide your original Pakistani passport along with a copy of your passport
- Photographs – You must submit two photographs following the Schengen visa photo guidelines; the photos must have been taken in the last six months.
- Civil status certificate – Please provide civil status documents such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, family certificate.
- Proof of accommodation – The hotel bookings and reservations will need to be submitted as part of the application.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary – A booked flight reservation from Pakistan to the EU and back. If you take any internal flights, you will have to include those tickets too.
- Travel health insurance – You must also provide a travel health insurance certificate that meets the requirements of the Schengen travel insurance guidelines. You need medical coverage of EUR 30,000 (equivalent to ₨ 7,122,397.32 as of January 2023) for any unexpected illnesses or injuries.
- Proof of visa fee – Include the receipt proving you have paid the required visa fee; otherwise, your application will not be processed.
- Cover letter – You may also be required to submit a cover letter for your Schengen visa application in Pakistan. The cover letter must contain information about why you are applying for a visa, what you plan to do during your stay, how long you will stay in the Schengen Area.
- Copies of previous Schengen visas (if applicable) – If you had previously received a Schengen visa, the details of the visa should be included.
- Birth certificate – In cases where minors are applying for a Schengen visa, the application package must also contain their birth certificate and parental consent for travel if they travel alone or with only one parent/legal guardian. Please note that for minors, the application form must be signed by both parents/legal guardians.
- Proof of enough financial means. To obtain your Schengen visa, you must submit original copies of your bank account statements showing transactions in the last three to six months and the account balance or proof of regular income. Depending on your employment status, you also need to submit the following documents:
- If employed: Contract of employment and details/letter of annual leave from the employer.
- If self-employed/freelancer: Business license (if applicable) and bank statements.
- If a student: Certificate of registration at University, school, or college, Student ID card, a copy of the registration certificate from the faculty signed and stamped by the university, and transcript. Evidence of financial stability of your parents and proof of financial resources for the entire stay.
- If retired: Bank statement showing the pension received for the last six months.
Additional Documents for Pakistani Applicants
For Pakistani passport holders seeking a Schengen tourist visa, additional documentation is necessary. This includes a 6-month bank statement, an affidavit of support if the applicant lacks sufficient funds (to be signed by friends or relatives), and a detailed travel itinerary that outlines the purpose, duration, and personal details of the trip. Additionally, hotel reservations or an official invitation letter from a Schengen resident are required, ensuring a comprehensive application for the Schengen tourist visa.
Follow WOW360 for more.