Hairfall is a problem that affects millions of women. Locks for a woman is a direct expression of her beauty and personality. It is also directly connected to her self-esteem and self-confidence and excessive hair loss can have an adverse impact on both.
Genetic, hormonal, excessive use of hair styling products, stress, or various medical conditions; there can be several reasons causing hairfall amongst women and it is difficult to identify which one it is. However, if diagnosed early on and correctly, you can control hair fall with some effective home remedies that are 100% organic and natural.
It goes without saying that these remedies alone will not do the trick. Making serious changes in your dietary habits and minimizing use of hair styling and heating products, are just as imperative.
We have compiled for you a few simple, highly effective, hair remedies that you can easily practice at home. Have a look!
1. Alo vera Mask
Aloe Vera is an effective home remedy for hair growth and prevents hair loss; especially if you have a dry, flaky itchy scalp. This works like magic when it comes to fixing dandruff problems.
How to prepare Alovera Mask
- Take Aloe Vera stalk and extract the pulp
- You can apply immediately or leave it in a refrigerator in a closed jar for a few hours
- Apply it to your hair and scalp thoroughly until it is completely soaked in and leave it for about 45 minutes to an hour
- Rinse with normal water and voila!
Try this remedy thrice to four times a week and be amazed with the results!
2. Egg mask
Eggs are rich in protein, zinc, sulphur, iodine with amazing growth properties; this works wonders with hair growth and leaves a silky, smooth texture that lasts. You can’t achieve this by artificial hair products. And even if you do, you’ll be hit with the side effects sooner or later.
How to prepare the Egg mask
- Take a bowl and put one egg white, and a tsp of honey and olive oil each
- Mix to make a viscous paste and apply it all over the scalp and root, till the tips
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with a light shampoo.
You’ll have silky, smooth, shiny hair in not time and they will fell so strong and luscious that this will become your go-to hair mask!
3. Coconut milk
The protein and essential fats in coconut milk boost hair growth and prevent hair fall.
How To prepare the Milk
- Take a medium-sized coconut and grate it
- Let it simmer it in a pan for five minutes
- Strain the coconut and let it cool
- Add one tablespoon each of black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the milk
- Apply it all over your scalp and hair- Don’t forget the tips!
Leave it on for 20 minutes to half an hour and rinse it with a shampoo. You can make some extra and keep it in a bottle to be used later
4. Onion juice
The antiseptic properties of onions help prevent scalp infections, while the sulfur content helps with blood circulation to the hair follicles, boosting hair growth
How to use Onion Juice on your Hair
1. To extract onion juice, grate the onion and then squeeze out the juice. You can even use a light cloth to do this
2. Apply the onion juice using cotton and wait for it to get soaked into the roots.
3. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off using normal water and a scented shampoo.
Do this once every week for effective results!
5. Youghurt and Honey mask
Here is how to prepare the mask
Mix 2 tablespoons of yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of honey & lemon in a bowl.
2. Mix it well until it turns into a viscous paste and apply this on the scalp and roots.
3. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Apply this mask every once a week and gush over the results later
Stay tuned for more interesting articles and updates!