Pakistan Women’s U19 Captain Aroob Shah has been rewarded with a 4-year fully-funded scholarship from Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology.
Reportedly, the 18-year-old will receive free education for the tenure of 4 years while the university will bear the expense of Rs. 1 million for her education.
While speaking on the occasion, the U-19 captain said, “I am grateful to the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor of the Sir Syed University for providing the fully funded scholarship.”
“Sir Syed University’s doors are always open to players. We welcome Aroob Shah at our university and we are admitting players in accordance with the policy,”
Notably, Aroob has represented Pakistan in five T20Is and two ODIs taking three and two wickets, respectively. Institutes like Sir Syed University give students like Shah a fair chance to receive an education and get a better chance at livelihood. Many athletic students depend on these scholarships to improve their current circumstances.
Sports scholarships can provide a number of benefits to student-athletes. These may include:
- Financial assistance: A sports scholarship can cover the cost of tuition, fees, and other education-related expenses, allowing student-athletes to focus on their studies and athletic pursuits.
- Athletic development: Student-athletes on sports scholarships often have access to top-notch coaching, training facilities, and other resources that can help them develop their athletic skills and reach their full potential.
- Increased exposure: Participating in college athletics can give student-athletes the opportunity to be seen by professional scouts and potentially advance their careers in sports.
- Networking opportunities: Student-athletes on sports scholarships often have the opportunity to interact with and learn from other talented athletes, coaches, and staff, which can lead to valuable connections and career opportunities.
- Team camaraderie: Being part of a college sports team can provide a sense of belonging and teamwork, which can be very rewarding for student-athletes.
Overall, sports scholarships can provide student-athletes with the financial support, athletic development, and personal growth opportunities they need to succeed both on and off the field.
Aroob Shah is an inspiring individual who is encouraging and motivates young girls to pursue sports as a career.
Stay tuned to WOW360.