- The UAE’s Golden Visa, initiated in 2019, witnessed a 52% surge in issuance by the first half of 2023, reaching over 150,000 grants by November 2022.
- Benefits include extended age limits for sponsored children, flexibility in domestic worker sponsorship, and no restrictions on staying outside the UAE.
- Eligibility spans various categories, including high-net-worth individuals, real estate buyers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and outstanding students.
The coveted Golden Visa of the UAE has been recently granted to numerous investors, professionals, students, and entrepreneurs since its introduction in 2019. Many Pakistani celebrities and renowned personalities have also been granted the Golden Visa. The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) – Dubai reported a notable 52% surge in Golden Visa issuance during the first half of 2023.
Over 150,000 Golden Visas had been issued by November, 2022 to eligible property purchasers, investors, professionals, and others.
This special decade-long Golden Visa provides various benefits, including:
- the provision of residence permits for family members, encompassing spouses and children.
- The age limit for sponsored children has been extended from 18 to 25 years, with no age constraints for unmarried daughters.
- Residence permits are extended to children of determination, irrespective of their age.
- Flexibility to sponsor multiple domestic workers without limitations
- No restrictions on the maximum duration of stay outside the UAE
Professionals in sectors such as healthcare, media, IT, and other industries, earning a monthly salary of Dh30,000 or more, qualify for the Golden Visa. There also are special categories where employment is not a prerequisite for applying for a 10-year visa.
Special Categories for Applying for a Golden Visa:
High-Net-Worth Individuals: The Cash Deposit Option
High-net-worth individuals can opt for an alternative route by depositing Dh2 million with a local bank for a two-year period. This financial commitment secures eligibility for the coveted Golden Visa, with support available from various local banks.
Real Estate Buyers
For both UAE residents and foreign investors, the Golden Visa becomes attainable through property acquisition. Purchasing one or more properties with a combined value exceeding Dh2 million, whether off-plan or existing, paves the way for this prestigious visa.
Entrepreneurs’ Gateway to Golden Visa
Entrepreneurs seeking the Golden Residency must meet flexible criteria. Owning or partnering in a startup within the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) category, generating annual revenues exceeding Dh1 million, is the key. Founders of previous entrepreneurial projects, sold for a total value of not less than Dh7 million, can also secure the Golden Residence, subject to approval.
Scientists & Researchers
Acknowledging excellence in their fields, scientists and researchers gain Golden Visa residency based on recommendations from the Emirates Scientists Council. Holding a PhD or Master’s Degree in engineering, technology, life sciences, or natural sciences from top global universities is essential, coupled with substantial research achievements.
A Reward for Outstanding Students
High-performing students from UAE secondary schools and exceptional graduates from both UAE universities and the top 100 global universities are eligible for the 10-year visa. Criteria for consideration include academic performance (cumulative average), the year of graduation, and university classification.
Follow WOW36 for more.