The government of Sindh has made a significant decision to establish a high-quality tourist resort at Keenjhar Lake, aiming to enhance tourism facilities for visitors.
The decision was reached during a steering committee meeting led by Imtiaz Sheikh, the Minister of Energy in Sindh.
The meeting included a presentation by the Kuwait Investment Agency regarding the construction of an internationally acclaimed resort at Keenjhar Lake.
During the meeting, Imtiaz Sheikh expressed that the Sindh government is actively working on a plan to transform Keenjhar Lake into a resort of international standards, ensuring the incorporation of modern amenities for tourism.
Furthermore, the minister highlighted that Keenjhar Lake spans an area of approximately 24 square kilometres and emphasized the identification of a suitable location for the construction of this modern resort.
Keenjhar Lake, located 22 miles (36 km) outside of Thatta District of Sindh province in Pakistan, is situated approximately 36 kilometres away from the city of Thatta.
It is the largest freshwater lake in Pakistan, serving as a vital source of drinking water for Thatta District and the city of Karachi.
Benefits of Turning Keenjhar Lake into a Tourist Point
Turning Keenjhar Lake into a tourist destination offers several benefits:
- Economic Boost: Developing Keenjhar Lake as a tourist point can stimulate the local economy by attracting visitors from both within Pakistan and abroad. The influx of tourists would lead to increased spending on accommodations, food, transportation, and other related services, creating employment opportunities and generating revenue for the local community.
- Conservation and Preservation: Promoting the lake as a tourist attraction can contribute to the conservation and preservation of the natural environment. The increased attention and visitor influx can raise awareness about the lake’s ecological significance, leading to efforts to protect its flora, fauna, and overall ecosystem. This can include initiatives for waste management, sustainable tourism practices, and conservation programs.
- Cultural Exchange and Education: Keenjhar Lake offers an opportunity for cultural exchange and education. Tourists can learn about the local traditions, history, and customs of the region, fostering a deeper appreciation for the local culture. Additionally, the lake’s proximity to nearby historical sites and landmarks can encourage tourists to explore and learn more about the rich heritage of the Thatta District, enhancing cultural tourism in the area.
- Infrastructure Development: The development of Keenjhar Lake as a tourist spot requires the establishment of essential infrastructure such as accommodations, restaurants, recreational facilities, and transportation services. This can lead to improved infrastructure in the region, benefiting both tourists and local residents. The availability of better amenities and services can enhance the overall quality of life for the local community.
- Promotion of the Tourism Industry: Showcasing Keenjhar Lake as a tourist attraction contributes to the growth and promotion of the overall tourism industry in Pakistan. It diversifies the range of destinations available to visitors and highlights the natural beauty and attractions of the region. This, in turn, can attract investment in the tourism sector, leading to further development and expansion of the industry.
Islamabad to Get a Women-Only Market Soon
Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Stay tuned to WOW360.