Inspiring Women Pakistan is dedicated to empowering young women globally by providing them with the necessary skills and confidence to pursue their dreams through all means including paid internship.
Their various programs, including workshops, training, and job placements, serve as a bridge between the education sector and employment opportunities.
One of their exclusive internship programs, available at select colleges, offers invaluable work experience, mentorship, and a stipend.
Through these paid internships, young girls will be able to not only develop the needed skills to find good career opportunities but will also be financially stable through the stipend.
Registration is open to sophomore girls and above belonging to Lahore & Karachi. Applicants have until 7th May to apply for this opportunity.
What the Internship has to Offer
Here’s what applicants can look forward to:
- Real-world experience – the internship program is carefully developed to ensure that participants gain real-world experience.
- Networking – Internships allow applicants to get connected and build their professional contacts and connections. These professional connections are imperative for career growth and can be very beneficial for their future career.
- Skill Building – Internships are key to building experience as a student / recent graduate.
- Stronger CV – Internships help CVs stand out.
5 Digital Skills Every Female Entrepreneur Must Have
Brands on Board
Supporting the girls of the nation is vital when it comes to not only advocating for women’s empowerment and equality but also contributing to a prosperous country. Some of the brands that are helping give young girls a stable platform include Borjan, depliex, Pink Ribbon, Conatural, Bali Memorial Trust, Creative Frontiers, Colabs, and others.
Paid Internship Application Process
1. Applications are open from 3rd April 2023 and close at midnight on 7th May 2023
2. Applicants will be selected for interviews by 12th May 2023
3. Successful applicants will be notified by 20th May 2023
4. Skill training program will be from the 1st of June 2023 till 3 rd of June
*Please note that the skill training session will be mandatory to attend
1. Be enrolled in a Pakistani University
2. Internships are Lahore and Karachi based
3. Be at least a Sophomore / 2nd-year University student
4. Be prepared to work from a minimum of 45 to 60 hours/week
5. Be smart, passionate, and determined about your degree
6. Be computer literate in standard software applications
1. Partner Colleges are Forman Christian College, Lahore College Women
University and Punjab University
2. Successfully completed internships will result in a course credit from your college
3. Longer-term internships – 3 to 6 months are available
About Inspiring Women’s CEO Ms. Abida Mukhtar
Abida Mukhtar is the Founder and CEO of Inspiring Women, an organisation that engages, encourages and empowers girls and young women with different skills and opportunities. Through various initiatives, the organisation acts as an integrator and helps girls and young women to step from education to employment, be financially included and kickstart their careers.
Ms. Mukhtar is a financial consultant by profession, and brings with her, 12 years of experience in corporate turnaround and restructuring. She has exposure in various sectors – ranging from financial services, retail, healthcare, public sector and agribusiness.
Currently, Ms. Mukhtar is the Chief Executive Officer of Super Bird (Pvt) Limited and the Chief Executive Officer at Dar-Es-Salaam Textiles Mills Limited in Lahore. She has also worked as a financial Associate for Alvarez and Marsal, in London, United Kingdom.
Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Stay tuned to WOW360.