- Chief Executive Zubair Motiwala inaugurated WEXNET 23, a grand exhibition celebrating women entrepreneurs at Expo Center Lahore, with notable dignitaries and government officials in attendance.
- The event featured a vibrant cultural performance and a diverse range of activities, including shopping, a culinary competition with Chef Gulzar, and a play area for children.
- The exhibition also included capacity-building events for women entrepreneurs and received enthusiastic public support on its opening day, emphasizing the significance of empowering women in business with support from partner organizations like USAID-ERDA, Daachi, Sanatzar, and more.
In a vibrant and captivating ceremony held at the Expo Center Lahore, Chief Executive Mr. Zubair Motiwala inaugurated the grandest exhibition celebrating women entrepreneurs, WEXNET 23.
The event was graced by the presence of Mr. S M Tanveer, alongside esteemed government officials, diplomats, trade members, and the remarkable women entrepreneurs themselves.
Distinguished figures such as Deputy Head & Mission UAE, Ms. Ayesha Ali Naqbi, Commercial Counsellor of Saudi Arabia, Mr. Mubasher Alshehri, and Commercial Counsellor of Uzbekistan, Mr. Behram Yusuf, lent their prestige to the occasion.
The audience was enraptured by a vibrant cultural performance that added a splash of colour to the event’s ambience. This three-day exhibition boasted a diverse array of themes and activities, including a shopping extravaganza, a culinary competition featuring the renowned Chef Gulzar, and an engaging play area designed for children.
Crucially, the exhibition also featured a series of sideline events geared towards capacity building for women entrepreneurs. These initiatives aimed to empower them to harness the myriad opportunities available for establishing a strong foothold in the export market for their products.
The opening day witnessed an enthusiastic response from the general public, with families flocking to the expo centre to immerse themselves in the captivating atmosphere and explore the high-quality products crafted by these enterprising women.
One pivotal aspect of this year’s WEXNET is the collaborative effort involving numerous partner organizations, including USAID-ERDA, Daachi, Sanatzar, Pakistan Software Export Board, SMEDA, and COTHM.
Their collective support adds depth and significance to this empowering event, emphasizing the importance of fostering women entrepreneurs and helping them thrive in today’s business landscape.
The Significance of Promoting Women Entrepreneurs
Promoting women entrepreneurs at expos holds immense importance for several compelling reasons:
- Empowerment and Gender Equality: By featuring and supporting women entrepreneurs at expos, we contribute to the advancement of gender equality. It creates opportunities for women to take leadership roles, establish businesses, and participate actively in economic development. This empowerment extends beyond the expo, fostering a culture of equality and inclusivity.
- Economic Growth: Women entrepreneurs bring innovation and diversity to industries, spurring economic growth. Their businesses contribute to job creation, increased productivity, and enhanced competitiveness. Encouraging women entrepreneurs at expos can lead to the development of a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Inspiration and Role Models: Exhibiting women entrepreneurs at expos provides aspiring businesswomen with visible role models. It inspires future generations to pursue entrepreneurial ventures and break down gender stereotypes. When women see successful entrepreneurs who share their experiences, challenges, and achievements, they are more likely to pursue their own entrepreneurial dreams.
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Stay tuned to WOW360.