It’s every bride and bridesmaid’s dream to look stunning at the wedding event, turning shaadi season into a weight loss parade. But know that diet alone doesn’t help! Looking sleek and sexy in the lehenga can be a bit challenging, considering the unhealthy snacking habits we have adopted and lack of a consistent exercise routine.
When we say getting your body lehenga ready, we mean focusing on specific areas of the body via an effective exercise routine along with a controlled, healthy diet.
Just make sure your goals are realistic and achievable- with a little bit of motivation, dedication and consistency, you can gradually reach your fitness goal.
Also, to ensure you reach your weight loss goal, it is imperative your give yourself atleast 3 to 6 months prior to the event.
Here are 5 effective exercises for you to follow to flaunt your slender body in that lehenga/saree this wedding season!
1. Slender Torso Exercises
The belly is the most challenging and problematic area and no matter how healthy we eat, we seem to never get rid of the ‘muffin top’ belly. Well, these exercises will definitely ease your problem.
Knee to Elbow Crunches
Knee to elbow crunches target the entire torso, abdomen and core.
- Lie flat on the ground, raising your legs at a 90-degree angle and place your hands behind your head.
- Raise the right elbow to touch your left knee and alternate this movement.
If you are a beginner , you can start with three sets and work your way up to completing five sets each.
Flutter Kicks & Superman
- Lie down flat on your back & place your hands by your side.
- Raise the leg repeatedly in a scissor-like motion for 30 seconds.
- Repeat flutter kicks in sets of three with 45-second intervals.
The flutter kicks target your lower abdominals when you start feeling a burning sensation while the superman exercise helps target the love-handles and small of the back.
Sitting twists will help you get that perfect waist to flaunt your slender frame in that wedding dress.
- Sit down with back straight and knees slightly away from chest.
- Twist the upper body until the elbows touch the ground.
- Alternative this movement at a fast pace.
Must be repeated 20 times in sets of 5 for effective results.
2. To Nail that Sleeveless Lehenga Look
Flabby arms are your worst nightmare- especially when you’ve been longing to wear that sleeveless dress this shaadi season- the one that has been lying in your wardrobe since months and this seems to be the perfect opportunity! Get rid of the stubborn arm fat by following these exercises religiously!
Get into a push-up position & slowly bend your arms to the ground and push yourself back up.
Pushups help with deltoids, triceps and biceps. If you can’t do a full push, start with taking support of your knees and slowly work your way up.
- Stand up with your back straight & raise your arms to 180 degrees.
- Rotate your arms in small circles by clenching your fists.
- Must be repeated in both clockwise and anti-clockwise circles.
Must be repeated 25 times in sets of 4.
3. Toned Legs, Thighs & Butt
If you are planning on donning the mermaid styled lehenga, that is slightly fitted to the lower part of your body, you can aim to attain that hour-glass figure to enhance the look. Leg lifts & Sumo squats can help you do that.
- Lie down on your side & Rest your head on your arms.
- Keeping your leg straight while raising it up and down.
Leg lifts must be repeated 40 times in sets of 3.
- Stand with your legs and shoulders in line & point your toes at 180 degrees.
- Squat down as though you are going to sit in a chair & hold this position for 5 seconds.
Sumo squats target the inner thighs by tightening the quadriceps muscles.
Repeat 20 times with sets of 3.
4. Don’t forget to work on the Double Chin
Remember, it’s not just the body, but the overall weight loss and toning that helps your achieve that perfect look. Therefore, don’t forget to tone your face too. Side to side tilts and back & forth tilts can help get rid of that stubborn double chin fat.
Here is how you can do these exercises:
Side to Side Tilts
Slowly tilt your head to the right and hold for 5 seconds & then slowly tilt your head to the left and hold for 5 seconds.
Must be continued 10 times in sets of 3.
Back and Forth Tilts
Ensure your back is straight and tilt your head back and hold for 5 seconds. Breath in and then tilt your head forward and breath out.
This simple workout should be repeated 10 times in sets of 3 with 30-second intervals.
5. To lose overall weight
To lose overall weight you can do 30 minutes of cardio (running, walking, jogging, cycling) for at least 5 times a week. You can add this to your above mentioned workout routine to burn some extra calories and fat, and amp up the whole process.
You can even try power yoga, Zumba or even pilates if you are not a fan of cardio or working out in general.
Was this article useful? Let us know in comments below.
Stay tuned for more articles and updates!