- The UAE requires prospective employees to undergo a pre-employment medical test to ensure good health and prevent the spread of contagious diseases.
- The test includes a general physical examination, blood tests, and X-rays, with screenings for diseases like tuberculosis, hepatitis, HIV, and more.
- Eligibility criteria vary based on the type of employer and nationality, with different fees for UAE citizens and other nationalities.
The UAE has specific health requirements for individuals seeking employment in the Emirates. Prospective employees are typically required to undergo the UAE pre-employment medical test to ensure that they are in good health and free from contagious diseases.
What Does the Pre-Employment Medical Test Include?
The specific tests and requirements may vary depending on the type of job and the emirate in which the individual will be working.
The pre-employment medical test often includes:
- General physical examination
- Blood tests
The test aims to detect any health issues or infectious diseases that could pose a risk to public health in the UAE.
Some of the common medical tests may include screenings for:
- HIV and other contagious diseases.
Steps to a Smooth Pre-Employment Medical Test:
- Register and Log In – Begin by registering on the digital-services platform if you haven’t already. Create a username and password and log in.
- Fill Out Medical History – Complete your electronic medical history on the Emirates Health Services (EHS) portal.
- Schedule an Appointment – Use the patient portal or contact your nearest primary health care center to book an appointment with them.
- Gather Documents – On the day of your appointment, bring your Emirates ID or passport along with you.
- Receive Confirmation- After your visit, you’ll receive an SMS confirming the completion of the process and the issuance of your certificate.
- Access Your Test Certificate- You can collect your certificate through your Emirates Health Services (EHS) portal account.
Medical Test Fee
The pre-employment medical test is offered free of charge for federal and governmental authorities. For semi-government entities, the fee is 250 dirhams for UAE citizens, Pakistanis and other nationalities.
To be eligible for the UAE pre-employment medical test, you must meet certain requirements:
- Employment in the UAE: You should have a valid job offer or employment contract from a company or organization in the United Arab Emirates.
- Type of Employer: The pre-employment medical test may be mandatory for those working in federal and local government bodies, semi-government entities, or private companies.
- Nationality: While the test is available for individuals of all nationalities, the cost may vary for UAE citizens and other nationalities. Some tests may be exclusive to UAE citizens, especially in private entities.
Required Documents for Medical Test
To complete the pre-employment medical test, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Emirates ID or passport
- Personal photographs
- Fitness screening HR letter (applicable to federal and local bodies only)
Follow WOW 360 for more.