Don’t we all just love brownies? What if I tell you that we have a quick & easy, one-bowl, delicious brownie recipe that will give you a perfect blend of fudgy, and chewy brownies, in just half an hour! I, for one, feel homemade brownies are the best post-dinner dessert, or a late night snack. Add a little fancy garnishing and you can even serve these to guests. Made with regular cocoa powder, this recipe does not require expensive chocolates and the final products is AH-MA-ZING!
They are a perfect combination of thick, chewy, dense brownies that are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate chips. And you only need one bowl to whip up this chocolatey goodness!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients Needed to make Gooey, Fudgy, Delicious Brownies at Home
3/4 cup oil/ 3tbs of Butter: If you are using butter, it is recommended to use salted butter to enhance flavour and keep a contrasting balance of sweetness. If using oil, it is recommended to use regular vegetable oil.
3/4 to 1 cup of Granulated White Sugar – White sugar quantity needs to be slightly higher than brown sugar. We need to balance the sweetness since we are using unsweetened coco powder.
1/2 to 3/4 cup of Granulated Brown Sugar – The brown sugar helps with how chewy the brownies are.
3/4 Cocoa Powder – Be sure you are using unsweetened cocoa powder. Cadbury Coco Powder has given me best results so far, so go for that! If you are into dark chocolate, you can try using dark chocolate cocoa powder as well.
3/4 All-Purpose Flour – The ratio of the flour and coco powder needs to be equal. This is the reason why they’ll turn out so chocolatey!
2 Large Eggs – 2 eggs is the correct amount. You can even add 3 eggs if you want extra dense and moist brownies. But remember, it is really important for the egg mixture to be mixed well with the sugar.
1/2- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract – Add as much as you like for flavour and aroma. I mostly end up adding 2 tsp of this. Just love the smell!
How to Make the Best Homemade Brownies
1. Add the granulated white and brown sugar and mix it well with oil/butter in a bowl. Make sure the sugar is properly mixed- This is really important. You do not need a fancy beater for this, you can even use a simple whisk and do the deed.
2. In a separate bowl, crack 2 eggs (one at each time) and beat well. Add vanilla extract to the eggs. Now mix the egg mixture into the oil-sugar mixture. Add slowly and keep beating intermittently.
3.Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients (coco powder and flour) and a bowl and add pinch of salt to it.
4. Now fold the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients using a spatula. And the batter is ready! You can spread a layer of nutella on the batter to get that crackle on top
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a 9×9 square baking pan, and line it with parchment paper.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 9×9 square baking pan & bake for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick or a knife to check the batter. Even if it comes out a little gooey, that’s totally fine!
7. Let it cool for a few minutes, cut it into squares and dig in! Serve with ice cream and toppings of your choice if needed.
So the next time you are craving brownies at home, just head to the kitchen and whip these in less than 40 minutes. Your friends and family will love you for these.
When are you trying this recipe next? Share with us, or any other brownie recipes you have, in the comments below.
Stay tuned for more interesting articles and updates.