- The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports, part of the Ministry of Interior, is responsible for issuing passports to Pakistani citizens for international travel.
- All Pakistani citizens have the right to apply for a passport to facilitate foreign travel.
- To apply for a new passport, visit the nearest passport office or foreign mission, with the required documents.
The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports, a department under the Ministry of Interior, is the authorized entity responsible for issuing Pakistani passports.
In this guide, we’ll outline the steps for obtaining a machine-readable passport for international travel.
Eligibility for a Passport
Every Pakistani citizen has the right to apply for a passport to facilitate foreign travel.
Application Process for a New Passport
To apply for a new passport, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the Passport Office or Foreign Mission
Applicants seeking their first passport should visit the nearest passport office or the relevant foreign mission. Make sure to bring all the required documents with you.
Step 2: Document Requirements (Ages 18 and Above)
Applicants aged 18 and above must provide the following documents:
- Proof of Passport Fee Payment: Provide evidence of payment for the prescribed passport fee. This can be done through an Original Bank Paid Fee Challan (receipt) or e-Payment Confirmation Detail (SMS/Email) along with the PSID No.
- Original CNIC/NICOP with Photocopy: Present your original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) along with a photocopy.
- Previous Passport (if issued): If you have previously been issued a passport, provide the original passport along with a photocopy.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate): Government, semi-government, or autonomous body employees should obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their respective departments.
- Foreign Passport (for Dual-Nationals only): Dual-national individuals should provide their foreign passport along with a photocopy.
- Lost Passport (if applicable): If your passport was lost, bring a police report indicating the previous passport number.
Urgent Passport Fee Update (October 2023)
As of October 2023, the urgent fees for different passport sizes remain as follows:
- 36-Page Passport: Rs6,000
- 72-Page Passport: Rs10,000
- 100-Page Passport: Rs13,000
Please note that this information is accurate as of October 2023 and is subject to change. All communication and documentation should be in English (UK) language.
Share your thoughts about the Pakistani passport in the comments below.
Stay tuned to WOW360 for more news and all the latest updates.