Who doesn’t love popcorn? We don’t only want lots of kernels from burning from the bottom of the pan but we want as many kernels as possible to be perfectly popped. Yet it’s not always as easy as it seems, making popcorns from the scratch sometimes can be risky.
Here’s a simple step by step guide to make popcorn on the stove.
1. Add The Ingredients
Before adding the ingredients, make sure that you pre-heat the oil. Or else the spoil will spit up.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of high quality popcorn kernels
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp or more (to taste) of butter (optional)
2. Follow The Method
- Heat 3/4 cup of oil in a saucepan on medium flame, put 4 or 5 kernels into the oil and wait for the kernels to pop.
- As soon as the kernels pop add 1/3 of popcorn evenly into the pot.
- Immediately cover the pot and turn off the flame. Wait for 30 seconds as the kernels should pop within this time.
This way the oil is pre heated beforehand and after 30 seconds the hot oil makes all the kernels to pop at the right temperature so that when the popcorn are placed back to the flame, they can pop all together at the same time.
- Also, make sure that the lid of the popcorn doesn’t cover the pot entirely so that as the popcorns start popping, the steam of the popcorn can release and this way they will turn out even crispier.
- As soon as you stop hearing the popping sounds or it slows down, turn off the flame and remove the pot from stove. Remove the lid and place all the popcorn into a big bowl.
- Then take an empty hot pan and melt butter into it. Stir gently. Best trick is to let the butter turn slightly brown for adding more flavor to your popcorn.
- Pour the melted butter and toss the popcorn,
- Now you can sprinkle some more salt and delicious toppings by adding canned powder, smoked paprika, grated Parmesan cheese and curry powder.
Using this technique, all of your popcorn are going to turn out dry without burning and full of flavor.
Popcorn is a mandatory snack. Whether it’s a movie night with friends at home or in the theater. Popcorn’s a must have! Not just that, it can even be dinner with coke sometimes. For making it taste even better you can dress your kernels with different kinds of spices and lots of melted cheese and butter. These tricks will help your popcorn turn it up a notch.
Did you guys find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned for more articles and updates!