Dr Kashmala Amjad Malik has become Pakistan’s first woman surgical oncologist.
Who is an Oncologist: An oncologist is a doctor who treats cancer and provides medical care for a person diagnosed with cancer
She has proven herself time after time and become a trailblazer in her domain after clearing her second fellowship exam. As per Dr Kashmala’s LinkedIn profile, she is based in Lahore District, Punjab, Pakistan but hails from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s provincial capital of Peshawar. Malik is also an alumnus of Agha Khan University.
At AKU, she completed her education in General Surgery. She passed the second fellowship examination in Surgical Oncology from Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital (Accredited by CPSP) in Lahore.
The Department of Surgical Oncology is the first programme in Pakistan to be accredited by the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan (CPSP) for subspecialty training in surgical oncology.
The training opportunities at SKMCH&RC are as follows:
- Four-Year Residency Programme in General Surgery (Accredited by CPSP)
- Four-Year Residency Programme in Maxillofacial Surgery (Accredited by CPSP)
- Two-Year Fellowship Programme in Surgical Oncology (Accredited by CPSP)
- Two-Year Fellowship Programme in Breast Surgery (Accredited by CPSP)
- Two-Year Fellowship Programme in Musculo Oncology (Hospital-wide fellowship programme)
- Two-Year Fellowship Programme in Uro-oncology (Hospital-wide fellowship programme)
- One-year Fellowship Programme in Head & Neck Surgery (Hospital-wide fellowship programme)
During Dr Kashamala’s training in Surgical Oncology, she treated patients with cancer of the stomach, liver, intestines, and kidneys. As reported by multiple media outlets, Dr Kashmala’s family is proud of her latest achievement – the first woman surgical oncology doctor in Pakistan. They say that Kashmala has raised her head with pride.
Pakistan’s Leading Psychiatrist Dr Ayesha Mian Talks About COVID, Impact of Social Media, Eating Disorders, & Parenting in Nuclear Family Units [Exclusive on LEADHers Episode 8]. Read the full story here:
Ayesha Mian is one of Pakistan’s leading psychiatrists specializing in child, adolescent, and adult psychiatry. She is just one of 7 specialists in this field, and with a population of 60% youth, her 20 years of experience is highly sought.
She returned from the US in 2013 and was one of only 2 child psychiatrists in Karachi. She founded Synapse, one of Pakistan’s leading mental health institutes, and was the former Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry at AKU.
Have something to add? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more news and updates, stay tuned to Wow 360.